One of the experienced and prolific bloggers that I follow recently challenged his readers to write about their “Next Level”, meaning what would it take to move this blog to a higher level of readers and influence.
This is a great challenge, to think through what actions have to be taken in order to see a significant change in my writing.
1. I need to maintain my consistency in reading, blocking out time to not only read things across the web, but to spend longer periods of time reading books. A short attention span is the curse of a connected digital world. Being consistent in reading liberates my mind from that curse.
3. I need to express passion for the life God has given me.
4. I need to be on the lookout for bloggers and writers that have walked the path I want to walk.
5. I need to consistently build out my personal network using social media, and face toface.
6. To reach the next level, I need truthtellers. People who will ask the tough questions, provide the tough answers, and generally be interested in helping me improve as a blogger, and, more importantly as a person.
What about you? What will it take for you to reach the next level?